If you’re responsible for an organization or run a business, you’re going to need a high-quality blog to market your product or service on the Internet today.
If you’ve started a blog or you’re considering creating one soon, getting people to read your blog is going to be a continuous challenge if you want to make your blog a success.
More importantly, now that every business is also in the “continual content creation business” to be visible on the Internet, you’ll have to considered the implications of this new business requirement.
Barriers to publishing have disappeared.
The barriers to entry for self-publishing get lower with each passing day. And to get people to find your value through a successful blog, you’ll have to do a lot of things right.
Fortunately, consultant, coach, mentor, and speaker, Jeff Bullas, helped us to compile 24 great tips to make your blog more successful. The list below focuses on the activities and best practices that we’ve found to be most useful.
This is box title
- | Write about customer successes
- | Video interview successful people in your industry
- | When you have a great idea, write the headline
- | Write in bite-size chunks + use bullet points so readers can quickly read
- | Be authentic even if you write for an organization blog
- | Promote + distribute your posts on social media
- | Comment on other blogs and news articles + link back to your blog
- | Thank people for comments + answer their questions
- | Write a post listing some important bloggers in your industry
- | Interlink to other posts in your blog for SEO
- | Forgo short content and write long form detailed content
- | Only ask for a name + email address on your subscription form
- | Enable alerts using Googleon your favorite topics
- | Bundle the best blog posts about your niche and turn it into a PDF book
- | Use your content, expertise and contacts to produce a Webinar
- | Join active Facebook groups relating to your blog focus
- | Monitor your brand with Google Alerts or Tweetdeck
- | Persist and don’t give up
- | Produce evergreen content that is timeless + doesn’t become outdated
- | Write blog posts that answer reader challenges
- | Work to find your writing voice
- | Make it easy for people to consume your content on a mobile device
- | Install analytics for insight into what you can fine tune + improve.
- | Write awesome headlines for your blog articles
What’s helping you with your blog?
Have you found other techniques or tips that have improved the success of your blog? Share a comment or reach out. We’ll add it to our list.
As president and creative director of TeamworksCom, Paul develops brand strategy, engineers content to express customer value and creates integrated online and content marketing solutions to help businesses succeed. Connect with Paul, send an Email, or just call 415.789.5830.