Mission Bay Parks | Case Study
Click on the below to see the work
Located in the southeast corner of downtown San Francisco, the Mission Bay Park | MBP System includes acres of open space, neighborhood parks and recreational facilities designed and built for use by everyone in the Bay Area. MBP offers beautiful, expansive lawns and tree-lined patios, plazas, esplanades with views of the City and bay, overlooks of Mission Creek, a boat launch, sports courts, and even an indoor, light-filled Pavilion with floor to ceiling windows.
Mission Bay Parks is the ideal venue for an outdoor event in San Francisco for a small, private gathering or a celebration with hundreds of people. Mission Bay Parks turned to us to help their experienced team of event specialists with an integrated online marketing program that would share their unique value with prospects and turn it into a steady stream of qualified leads looking to host a one-of-a-kind event to remember.
As a result, website content and content marketing campaigns need to entice, inform and convince website visitors that MBP is the best place to hold their outdoor event in SF. With a wide variety of attractive venues and a clear and simple rental process with very competitive prices, generating increased awareness and interest in hosting events at Mission Bay was a top priority.
Mission Bay Parks also needed to integrate some very specific website tactics including:
- Rich + detailed event calendar
- Easy access and delivery of event permitting info + forms
- Capture rich info + data from Event Permit leads
- Reduce the need for back + forth sales communication with leads
- Speed event permit processing + revenue collection
- Reduce the number of non-qualified event applicants
- Optimized delivery of content to mobile devices
- Integrate Content Management System, Marketing Automation and Analytics platform
- Interactive blog for new content + news
They were looking for a qualified Bay Area resource to help them define, develop and re-launch their public facing brand and value in a mobile-optimized website. Important considerations were examined to differentiate Mission Bay Parks from a crowded, competitive Bay Area environment of other resources offering similar services.
Our strategy and multi-phase program included two primary components.
A | Brand Positioning + Story
Define and develop in clear and simple terms:
- What MBP offers
- How they’re different
- Why prospects should consider MBP over others
- Provide proof + support of MBP value
B | Website + Content Marketing Program
Replace an old-school website brochure with a mobile-optimized destination that delivers measurable business value with certainty.
Because the fastest way to obsolescence online is a website without a 12-24 month content marketing program, our online strategy included:
- Give website visitors a reason to come to the MBP domain and return again and again
- Differentiate from other SF outdoor venues + resources
- Deliver consistent content value to targets to foster and build community, engage in email marketing and social media outreach
- Invest in and build content assets with permanency to enhance domain authority
- Ensure assets will be found in search and acted on by visitors
- Publish fresh content frequently to earn credibility and build community
- Fill sales funnel by capturing leads interested in hosting an outdoor event in SF with quality, gated content delivered through dynamic forms
- Identify + monitor highly qualified leads with a numeric score
- Develop leads that aren’t sales-ready by automatically engaging and deploying nurturing campaigns
- Provide instant notification about leads that have crossed a threshold, visited key content or executed a task indicating that they more ready to buy
- Know when leads fall out of the sales process + pipeline in order to take action to bring them back in
- Know with certainty which tactics are driving revenue and what investments were made to get there
- | YoY average of +43 sales-ready leads per month
- | List quality double-opt in YoY improvement of 68%
- | Social media engagement + shares improved by +42% YoY
- | Ogranic on site subscribers grew .03% YoY
- | Marketing Automation lead nurturing + alerts consistently increase inbound conversions
“TeamworksCom simplified what made us different and helped us clarify why someone should consider coming to one of our parks or renting one of our venues for an event. Their structured approach, content marketing program, and marketing automation platform help us capture and nurture leads online every day. The result has been rising rental revenue and a growing community of supportive fans. Best of all, we appreciate how they talk straight, keep us focused on the big picture and make it easy to work together.”
Cathy Hickey, Site Manager | Mission Bay Parks