CorStone | Case Study
Click on the below to see the work
CorStone develops and provides personal resilience programs to improve well-being for youth worldwide. Their focus is on adolescent girls as critical change-agents in their communities. Founded in 1975, their evidence-based programs have served tens of thousands of at-risk youth in low-income communities around the world.
CorStone was in the middle of an organizational transformation and they turned to us for a number of strategic communications initiatives including new brand positioning + messaging, new graphic identity, mobile-optimized website, content marketing program, and analytics. Their goal was to increase brand awareness + site traffic, build + engage their community, and improve donor outreach + contributions.
Founded in 1975, their evidence-based programs have served tens of thousands of at-risk youth in low-income communities in both the U.S. and abroad. CorStone's services are drawn from an integrated toolkit comprised of the latest research and evidence from the fields of positive psychology, social-emotional healing, positive youth development, attitudinal healing, emotional intelligence, and restorative practice.
Research has shown that personal resilience—the capacity to 'bounce back' and thrive in the face of adversity—is not innate talent or quality. Rather, it’s the result of a set of skills and supports that can be learned, cultivated, and harnessed to transcend poverty, oppression, or depression.
CorStone was in the middle of an organizational transformation. Their goal was to deliver more effective, leveraged solutions with higher impact at lower cost to help marginalized, economically disadvantaged, and under-served youth with the essential tools to flourish—despite significant adversity.
With recent foundation commitments for funding their work in India, CorStone needed to address a number of strategic initiatives including: updated messaging to express CorStone’s value, a new brand identity that reflected their story in an authentic, unique way, and a new website that engaged visitors with the impact and results of their work.
CorStone was also seeking to improve their outreach and fundraising efforts by enabling online donations in the new website.
- Define and develop a brand positioning, organization identity and integrated communications campaign to reflect the new strategic directional change
- Integrate the new positioning and messaging throughout internal and external facing communications
- Enhance opportunity for prospects to find CorStone's value through online search and SEO
- Provide ability to capture leads & subscribe to new site content
- Incorporate interactive blog for brand awareness, establishing thought leadership, building community, engaging in social sharing and driving site traffic
- Integrate a content management system (CMS) to provide easy creation and editing of page or blog content
- Provide integrated analytics tool for site traffic, visitor profile & content reporting
- Develop and deploy a targeted outreach campaign and new public identity to help CorStone secure more large scale engagements and increase donor contributions
- | New messaging, brand identity and integrated content marketing program support donor and prospect outreach efforts
- | Search visibility and targeted outreach program enhanced consideration of CorStone’s services
- | Global engagements and delivery of services increase 8X
- | Online lead nurturing for new partners improved +300%
- | CMS + robust site structure has enabled easy additions of new content, team members and partners
“We faced a significant challenge in communicating our value to our international audiences. TeamworksCom was instrumental in helping us articulate that value in clear and simple terms. They also gave us a unique and memorable brand identity, mobile-optimized website and a content marketing program that took us from confused and unoticed to clear and compelling.”
Steve Leventhal, Executive Director | CorStone