Pacific Nurseries | Case Study
Click on the below to see the work
For over 150 years, Pacific Nurseries has offered personalized service, expert advice and an ever-growing selection of plants to Bay Area landscape trade professionals. As both a wholesale grower and a plant broker with over over 36 acres of inventory in three locations, their ground covers, grasses, water-wise shrubs, California natives and specimen trees provide everything from the ordinary to the exotic for trade professionals to create beautiful landscapes.
For over 15 years, we have served as their marketing partner to share their value online and turn it into a steady stream of prospects and customers looking for a Bay Area wholesale nursery. The result has delivered rising year-over-year revenue, an engaged community of landscape professional advocates, and an ever-increasing library of mobile-optimized content that attracts new website visitors and helps to convert them into sales-ready leads.
Pacific Nurseries has made significant investments in their facilities, operations and marketing communications to position their brand as a leading Bay Area provider of landscape plant material to the trade. In a business category that has little differentiation between competitors, outreach and engagement with prospects and customers has never been more important for survival and growth.
Pacific Nurseries has achieved success by providing highly personalized customer service, expanding plant and specimen capacity, integrating online ordering technology and providing well-organized facilities that make it easy for trade professionals to view, select and order plant material for a small order to a large installation.
By continually looking at the needs of the professional and responding with new services, customer focused education and specialized offerings, Pacific Nurseries has consistently grown their year-over-year sales. They’ve also become an essential resource that over 4000 landscape contractors, commercial developers, government organizations, schools, and retail nurseries rely on for their plant material needs.
Our strategy included:
- Transition use of traditional media to exclusively online marketing for measurable outcomes
- Generate awareness online to raise consideration of Pacific Nurseries as a preferred Bay Area provider of landscape plant material for the trade
- Enhance the opportunity for prospects to find Pacific Nurseries value through online search
- Implement + sustain a Content Marketing program to deliver customer education and support differentiation
- Create urgency + add value to products and services by rewarding prospects for doing business with Pacific Nurseries
- Educate targets about capabilities, features, services and special offers
- Integrate a content management system to provide easy creation and editing of site content
- Develop and deploy a new website integrating Marketing Automation, blog, social media channels, analytics and prospect data capture for lead nurturing and email marketing
- Identify + monitor highly qualified leads with a numeric score
- Develop leads that aren’t sales-ready by automatically engaging and deploying nurturing campaigns
- Provide instant notification about leads that have crossed a threshold, visited key content or executed a task indicating that they more ready to buy
- Provide integrated analytics tool for site traffic, visitor profile + content performance reporting
Top Line Results | Pacific Nurseries Case Study
YoY Increase | Avg Daily Traffic
Avg Email Open Rate
Avg Click Conversion Rate
YoY Increase | Sales Ready Leads
- | Online estimating + ordering delivers highly qualified leads every day
- | Increased sales volume for 10+ years
- | Overall marketing effectiveness of website increased +383%
- | Email marketing is the 2nd highest traffic source to site
- | Organic customer + email list growth +18% year-over-year
- | Consistent content marketing attracts new site visitors + differentiates brand
“Our partnership with TeamworksCom is one of the most effective ways we reach out to prospects, enhance their consideration of our products and services and reward them for doing business with us. They’ve guided us from old-school marketing to a unique and consistently branded online experience that our competitors envy and our customers have praised. Their expertise, consistent content marketing program and amazing analytics have also helped us attract new leads, grow revenue and thrive in a highly competitive environment. We’re fortunate that they’re working with us and not our competitors.”
Don Baldocchi, President | Pacific Nurseries