Google Search Appliance | Case Study
Click on the below to see the work
Workers in today’s enterprise face high levels of pain and frustration just trying to find the content they need to do their work. Recent studies indicate that these workers waste up to 25% of their time searching for lost content. Anyone who uses a company computer knows first hand that it’s easier to find World Series baseball scores on the Internet than it is to find their Q3 sales presentation on the in-house server.
Google was attempting to expand their leadership in Internet search into the enterprise with a family of “behind the firewall” search appliances that delivered all the fast, accurate search results that Google was universally known for. They turned to us to help them define, develop and launch an integrated marketing campaign to help attract and educate enterprise prospects about this new solution that extended Google’s brand strengths and helped prospects easily find all the content they were missing.
Recent studies indicate that workers waste up to 25% of their time searching for the content they need to be productive.
Google was attempting to expand their leadership in Internet search into the enterprise with a family of “behind the firewall” search appliances that delivered all the fast, accurate search results that Google was universally known for.
This easy to deploy and use enterprise search solution offered solid potential for incremental revenue and a direct extension of Google’s brand strengths.
- Recognize the enterprise market’s need to reduce frustration with their inability to find critical information
- Differentiate Google’s Search Appliance against traditional, expensive, software only search options by defining enterprise search in Google’s favor
- Gain maximum advantage from Google’s easy, fast and accurate search results heritage and ubiquitous brand recognition
- Challenge prospects with an insightful, confident, and disarming messaging that opens a dialogue with senior IT management about Google’s expanding enterprise portfolio
- Develop and deploy an integrated communications campaign that concentrated spending in the most efficient media vehicles with maximum reach
- Provide for added value opportunities for editorial coverage and message distribution
- Remove the barriers to evaluation and trial in order to demonstrate the superiority and affordability of the Google Search Appliance
- | Campaign delivered 1000+ qualified leads in 90 days
- | Over 3000 leads delivered in 5 months
- | Prospects completed sales cycle from lead to customer in 60-180 days
- | Highly targeted + concentrated media provided value-added opportunities such as feature editorial coverage
- | Media placement included cover articles + key speaking engagements for Google executives
- | Program was executed with 45% media savings
- | Awareness of Google Search Appliance increased significantly as reported by publisher research
- | Campaign + components were localized for European and Asian launches
“TeamworksCom was able to quickly assess and absorb both the distinctive personality of our brand and how to present the unique value of our search appliance family to a new and important market for us. The integrated campaign they developed for us not only delivered leads and sales but also helped reinforce the very positive perception prospects have about our brand.”
David Bercovich, Enterprise Group Product Marketing Manager | Google