SituationMercury Interactive, a recognized leader in enterprise software tools with $1B in sales, was having difficulty making their BTO (Business Technology Optimization) offering more relevant and compelling to strategic IT decision makers in the enterprise. Mercury’s portfolio of software optimized the strategic practices and executional processes of IT to deliver maximum business value.
By providing IT management and business executives with the visibility, transparency and consistency to deliver repeatable and predictable business results from software development, Mercury’s solution was gaining market momentum with rising adoption and use. In an environment where the business demands on IT have never been greater, Mercury’s solution mitigated exposure to the risk of failed software and the potential for business disruption. Their broad portfolio of tools and software also addressed the growing awareness that IT processes and business strategy need to be more tightly linked for successful software development outcomes.
BeforeBrand associated with AutoCad
- Generate awareness with Sr. Technology management in Global 2000 companies
- Define the relevance of BTO and Mercury as a leading provider of software and services
- Educate prospects about how Mercury’s solutions serve IT’s strategic & business requirements
- Drive prospect inquiries to attend Mercury World—their leading industry event
- Present Mercury’s offering in a strategic context to differentiate from competitors messaging
- Demonstrate thought leadership by framing both the practical and aspirational requirements of IT
- Concentrate media and message delivery around key event time frame
- Integrate messaging and visual presentation consistently across all customer touch points
- Develop brand association and preference for Mercury—BTO
- Attendance at the Mercury World event surpassed all previous attendance records
- The event had a higher component of senior IT managers in the audience composition
- Brand awareness of Mercury and BTO increased significantly as inquiries by prospects surged
- The campaign raised Mercury’s market visibility and helped to foster a $4.5B acquisition by HP