SituationInternational wireless telecom carriers were challenged with declining subscriber revenue, customer churn and huge capital investment in next generation wireless data networks. Autodesk was introducing a carrier-grade, highly-scaleable software platform with an integrated suite of market-ready, location-centric applications.
Their solution enabled wireless carriers to reliably deliver new, personalized, localized and actionable location based services with reduced risk and faster deployment than traditional in-house development efforts. While Autodesk had built a very successful brand on PC engineering and architectural software, wireless carriers had no awareness of the Autodesk brand. More importantly, they were not considered as a location-based services software platform provider.
BeforeBrand associated with AutoCad
- Generate awareness and educate executive decision makers about what differentiated Autodesk’s location services platform
- Position Autodesk’s location services platform as a compelling way for wireless carriers to maximize subscriber revenue while minimizing development costs and risks
- Focus messaging on comprehensiveness of solution
- Drive inquiry and evaluation
- Maximize opportunities for 1-on-1, solution evaluations by domestic and international, tier-one carriers to support revenue goal
- Capitalize on highest concentrations of target at key trade shows and events
- Build an intelligent, relevant and accessible brand personality
- Comply with established parent company’s brand and visual requirements.
- Inquiries and evaluations doubled each quarter after the campaign launched.
- Specialized presentations to prospects exceeded expectations at every event. Autodesk achieved their year end sales goal of targeted carriers deploying the platform for delivering location based services.
- The integrated communications campaign significantly raised Autodesk’s visibility and credibility within wireless carrier community.
- The “location in the shadow” visual became a recognized icon for the Autodesk location-based solution and brand.